More about Attitudinal Healing
As you learned in my first Blog post in my Mission and Purpose, I was a part of a Center for Attitudinal Healing (AH) for over 20 years and I use the AH thoughts and 12 Principles every day. These idea are UNIVERSAL as the TRUTH is the TRUTH and many philosophies do believe the same things, just may say them a bit differently.
Attitudinal Healing is a cross-cultural method of healing that helps remove self-imposed blocks such as judgment, blame, shame and self-condemnation that are in the way of experiencing lasting love, peace, and happiness. It is based on the belief that it is not people or experiences outside of ourselves that cause us to be upset. Rather, it is our thoughts, attitudes, and judgments about them (outside influences) that cause us distress.
Health is defined as inner peace and healing as the letting go of fear. These are guiding principles in this groundbreaking work in personal, collective, and global transformation.
The approach and philosophy is based on universal principles and forgiveness. People of all ages, beliefs, walks of life, and cultures benefit from the practice of Attitudinal Healing.
12 Principles of Attitudinal Healing
- The essence of our being is love.
- Health is inner peace. Healing is letting go of fear.
- Giving and receiving are the same.
- We can let go of the past and of the future.
- Now is the only time there is and each instant is for giving.
- We can learn to love ourselves and others by forgiving rather than judging.
- We can become love finders rather than fault finders.
- We can choose and direct ourselves to be peaceful inside regardless of what is happening outside.
- We are students and teachers to each other.
- We can focus on the whole of life rather than the fragments.
- Since love is eternal, death and change need not be viewed as fearful.
- We can always perceive ourselves and others as either extending Love or giving a call for help.
Attitudinal Healing affirms that we are responsible for our thoughts and whatever feelings we experience.
Attitudinal Healing encourages us to reexamine our relationships, bringing them into the present by releasing past judgments and grievances.
Attitudinal Healing is based on the belief that all communication is for joining and not separation.
Benefits of AH
THE 12 PRINCIPLES OF AH BENEFIT PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY HELP TO EXPAND OUR PERSPECTIVES BEYOND NORMAL CONSCIOUSNESS AND THINKING INTO A MORE POSITIVE WAY ON HOW TO RESPOND TO OTHERS AND LIFE SITUATIONS. WE LEARN THAT WE CAN MAKE THE CHOICE TO ENJOY A MORE PEACEFUL, WORRY-FREE AND LOVING LIFE.
“I can choose peace instead of this…stress.”
“I release my judgments and criticisms, of myself and others…and choose peace.”
Some of the possible benefits of Attitudinal Healing include:
- Experiencing ourselves as love.
- Finding happiness and inner peace.
- Becoming a love finder.
- Counting our blessings.
- Focusing on love rather than on appearances.
- Laughing more.
- Living in a consciousness of giving rather than getting.
- Recognizing that there is something greater than ourselves.
- Successfully letting go of fear, judgments, guilt, being a victim, fear of death, unforgiving thoughts, pain, blame, fear of the past and future, being a fault finder, withholding love from anyone including ourselves, our need to assign guilt or innocence, complaining and listing our hurts, fear of intimacy, and especially the need to suffer.
Wow! Those are a lot of benefits. It takes time, awareness and mindfulness to learn to choose differently from the way we have previously thought and lived…and we CAN! Live…
Each time you come to this blog you make a decision to Leave a Reply (below) and/or Click the Like button, both of which I truly appreciate if you would choose!
Note: the Contact area is for you to fill out to Subscribe and Join my Mailing List for the AWESOME AMBASSADOR COMMUNITY if you want me to contact you with your email, when I make my postings. You only need to do this once. I hope you do this so I can support you on your journey to D-Stress and to Inner Peace! If I already have your email on my list, THANK YOU. 🙂
My goal: 500 subscribers! Please share my blog with others. Thank you!
THINK AWESOME; BE AWESOME; LOVE AWESOMELY; LIVE AN AWESOME, PEACE-FILLED LIFE.
With Awesome Love and Powerful Inner Peace,
This Awesome Attitudes Blog for Peace is non-denominational and non-political as it is a community to unify in kindness, respect, and compassion. ***